Wednesday, April 1, 2009

I like Target better, anyway

Two complaints today:
1. I have a callback for a big Walmart commercial today, but alas, it shoots Friday, the day of our egg retrieval, aka embryo freezing. So there's no way I can do the commercial. That makes me sad on lots on so many different levels. At least I know the new hair cut still suits my "young mom who's ethnically ambiguous" look. Phew.

2. Our doctor, let's call him Dr. Follistim, will not be performing the procedure on Friday because it's not his clinic day. So I'll never have a chance to ask him why on earth he wears a gold chain around his neck in the shape of a penis. I mean, I know he's a fertility doctor, but come on! I might have to send an anonymous email to satiate my curiosity.

Oh, and I'm pregnant. APRIL FOOL'S! I bet you didn't see that one coming! Booyah!

2 comments:

  1. Erica,
    This is Bruce Miller -- remember we met at "Spamalot"? Carol told me about your blog and I had to read it since my sister dealt with colon and liver cancer four years ago (BTW: She's doing great). Your writing is just wonderful. Keep doing it...it's great therapy and even better reading. And always remember to laugh every day. That's the best medicine of all. I'm thinking about you and Seth!
    (By the way: What was the necklace? Too funny)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your friend Lissa is on to something. Only, you could totally sell vagina earrings to compliment the penis necklaces. If the apron thing doesn't work out, I'm telling you: Vagina earrings...'Vagearrings!' You'll raise millions!

    ReplyDelete